Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chapter 2 Meghan Daum

        The passage "We're Lying: Safe Sex and White Lies in the Time of Aids" is kind of scary. The things that we can do to our bodies if we are not careful is frightening. Diseases and pregnancy can ruin our lives. The way Daum describes such deseases like AIDS is eye opening and puts a chill down your back. "AIDS is foremost in our malleable minds, a phantom in our not-yet-haunted houses"(p53). It made me think of what i can do now so that I have a healthy body in the future when I am 50 years old.  I personally do not have to worry about hurting my body in such ways because of the group of friends i associate myself with. Later on in Daum's writing she mentions trusting people. "The message is that trusting anyone is itself an irresponsible act"(p55). It is a shame that in today's society you really can't trust people. My Uncle had also brought this to my attention one day while fishing. He told me to be very careful and that you can't trust people anymore like you use to be able to. He is the kind of person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, the kind of person you do not meet anymore in today's society, the person i strive to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment